March is already here and I can’t believe how fast this year has gone by. That means, it’s time to review how the last month went – and to set new list of intentions to work with.
February Recap and Highlights
February started off as a difficult month with a series of migraines that lasted for much of the first half of the month. The past week or so has been better and I have more energy. My sleep is basically back to normal and I’m up most mornings by 8:00 am. Sometimes I’m awake by 6:30 am, and sometimes I stay in bed to read – or until I get that “good morning” text from someone that likes to tell me to get up and drink my water.
Last month was really the first month that I decided to do monthly intention setting and the post was short. Going forward, I’d like to take things up a notch. I spent most of the afternoon in between making a delicious stew and apple loaf – designing the images you’ll see below. Canva is a nifty program, and I’m making use of the premium licensing.
Here’s a quick recap of February’s intentions:
For the most part, I stayed on track when feeling up to it last month. There were some days that all I could do was lay down in bed or read. And for that reason, I managed to read 2 books for my Good Reads Challenge. Some other highlights included:
- Daily intentions: for the most part, I did daily Tarot readings for myself and friends on social media, even just pulling one card. I took some time each night and spent it at my altar, shuffling the cards slowly. Thinking about what I wanted to accomplish or what I needed to hear. I started eating healthier, cooking more, drinking herbal teas again, and am slowly getting back on the right track.
- Good Reads Challenge: purchased a Kindle Reader for Kindle Unlimited books. I’ve downloaded about a dozen books I’d like to get through this year.
- Practice selfcare daily: I slipped on this a bit with the migraines but had more relaxing baths in the last two weeks.
- Getting crafty: I worked on digital art mostly and focused on my book which is coming along slowly.
- Socializing and connecting with friends: while I didn’t make any new friends, writing daily helped connect me to new people online.
All in all, the month is finishing up strong. While I did not get out and socialize very much (or at all), I managed to keep in touch with friends often and even had a call from my new “friend” in California. We chat daily and it’s nice. I had to skip out on the February Witchery Market due to crappy weather. Here’s hoping that the spring market is better – and I even have a date for it!
Now…onto March! Here’s what’s happening in the next thirty days.
For March 2023 intention setting, I’d like do a little something different and work with daily intentions, gratitude and meditations. You can adapt this list and make it work for whatever your spiritual beliefs are. And if you are not a spiritual person, then feel free to just focus on the mindfulness part of it. The idea is that for the next 30 days, try and incorporate one of these rituals into your daily routine.
Start your day off with intention setting and coffee
Sit with your morning coffee or tea, meditate while you stir (counterclockwise), Soak in the delicious aromas and think about what you want to get accomplished for the day. Run through a list of plans in your head, or jot them down in a notepad (or digital notebook) – whatever medium you use.
I wrote a more in depth post the other month on How to Incorporate Mindfulness into your daily routine – read it here.
Ideas for daily mindfulness
- Start your morning off with stretches to get the blood in your veins pumping. This will give you a boost of energy for your day.
- Go outside, connect with nature and take stock of the beautiful things around you – pick at least 2 or 3 things. Take a picture, sketch if you’re an artist, or just take in the natural beauty that is Mother Earth.
- Reach out to those in your life you care about and who may be struggling. Let them know you are there for them.
- Say something nice to a random person, or to someone you know. Brighten up someone’s day to give them that dopamine hit.
- Bullet journal and or aim to write 500-1000 words daily if you are a writer like me.
- Work on arts and crafts, scrapbook, or garden if the weather is appropriate to do. Keep your hands and mind occupied with tasks that bring you joy.
- Take at least one day where you can be on your own, or at least have your own time for a luxurious bath, or take a spa day.
- Listen deeply to a friend in need, and really take in what they are saying.
- Pause briefly, to take a moment and look up at the stars or the moon in the sky. Reflect on what the universe might be telling you.
- Practice daily meditate, gratitude or consult your Tarot cards or runes if that’s what you’re into. Remind yourself of all the good things you have in life. And try and let go of the negative.
Stop. Deep breaths. Repeat regularly. Your anxiety will thank you.
My Personal Intentions for March
- Get up before 8 am daily, drink water first thing, enjoy a sustaining breakfast. Think about intentions while drinking coffee. Make a list of things to achieve for the day.
- Daily meditations, gratitude, and mindfulness techniques as listed above – I will try as many as I can. Also keep up with daily exercises and fresh air.
- Write daily, at least 2000 words whether on this blog, journaling, or for my books. Work on graphic design, crafts and start organizing my home. Spend less time on Fetlife, and more time researching and learning.
- Read daily and try and finish 1 book each week.
Do you practice daily mindfulness? If so, how do you incorporate it into your daily life? Do you find that it helps lessen your anxiety? Let me know in the comments what you loved about this post and what you might carry on with you this month.
Word of advice: if you do a 30 day challenge, keep a diary or journal of what you did every day and how it made you feel – you can refer back it to every month 🙂
If you are looking for an online journal, I have a few on my Etsy store – check out the link here.
Thank you for reading!
Ostara and Spring Equinox Blessings
Ostara is just around the corner and thus marks the beginning of spring. That means the long days of darkness are soon to be over and the days will become a little longer. Already here, the sun comes out before 8 am and sets long after 6 pm.
Ostara is one of the eight Sabbats of Wicca or Pagan celebrations and one of my favorites on March 19-20-21. Celebrations are held around the world as people welcome the longer days.
This is the time people think about planting seeds for flowers and food, and also cleaning up the home – or decluttering. It’s a good time for meditation, and clearing out the clutter in your head and heart too.
Make sure to come back to this blog on March 20th, as I will be sharing my own rituals and thoughts for Ostara.
What’s happening this month spiritually?
- March 07, 2023: Full Moon – Worm Moon
- March 20-21, 2023: Ostara, Spring Equinox
- Astrological signs: Pisces and Aries
- Birthstones: Aquamarine and Bloodstone
- Colors: Go with spring colors, pastels, yellow, blues, pinks
- Power animals: Lion, birds, grasshopper, bearded dragon
- Wolf moon: intense dreams, start a new project, ritual, illumination and transformation
For more information about my spiritual practices, please visit my Spirituality page. It is a work in progress, like this blog.
- A glimpse into my spiritual practices pt 1
- Working with intentions instead of resolutions
- February 2023: intention settings & scrapbooking
- What is Shadow Work and why is necessary for trauma?
- The things they don’t tell you about Shadow Work
One thought on “March 2023: Intentions “Mindful March” & Ostara Blessings”