June is just a few days aways and thus marks the halfway point for 2023. Hard to believe the year is almost half over – time really does fly when you stop and think about it.
On June 21st in the northern hemisphere, we will celebrate Summer Solstice which marks the official start of summer. In other parts of the world, people are preparing for winter festivals. Here in Alberta, we seemed to have skipped spring and went straight into summer like weather. Longer days have arrived with the sun setting around 9pm at night and waking up before 6 am. The trees are in full bloom and everything is starting to turn green thanks to some rain this week.
The large tree outside my balcony is full of life and provides much shaded relief from the sun, and privacy at nighttime for when I want to sit outside.
Spiritual Significance of June
When it comes to spiritual significance, June reminds us it is a time for celebrating life and joy. It is a time for love, weddings and harmonizing unions. Whether with good friends, or your life partners.
If you’re single like me, then now is the time to welcome love into your life. Open yourself up to new people and potential partners. Or new kinds of relationships.
This may mean attending more social events, going on dates, or getting together with friends. Whatever dating might look like in your world. And if you’re happy being single, then take the time to celebrate with friends or loved ones.
June is also the time for picking berries and is known for a time of abundance and prosperity. Working with affirmations and “I am” phrases is encouraged this time of year to bring you some good luck!
This time of year, I look forward to celebrating Midsummer and I can’t help but think of the music from “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” and this piece by Mendelssohn. A feverish melody that invokes feelings of joy.
My Intentions for June (midsummer)
Now that summer is really underway here, I’m going to make the most of my time at home and try and get outside as much as possible. The one thing that has changed, is I made a nice group of friends in the kink community – all women. We’re going to start meeting once a month for coffee and crafting. I’m excited for this and so is everyone else. It’s a controlled group meaning – invitation only. That means, I’ve found a group where I can just be myself and not have to worry about feeling safe. I love organizing events and meeting new people, so that is my number one focus at this time.
- Attend my group’s first “coffee and craft” meet! Already scheduled and location picked out. Work on arts & crafts (coloring, wreaths, etc).
- Decorate bedroom and bring some “green” life to make it cozy. I’ve already got a quilt picked up and color scheme.
- Spend some time with friends going to markets, or just hanging out at the parks or in backyards. Or on my balcony.
- Spend at least 1-2 hours outside daily. 1 hour during the day to get sun, and at least 1 hour a night reading. Go for walks when up to it.
- Tend to my flowers & garden as needed and keep plants alive! Pick up 1 bouquet of daisies or tulips
- Finish reading at least 1 book per week – I’ve already started a new series and am about 120 pages in “The Elementals” and it’s good fun.
- Write at least 10 chapters of my first book and re-work other books for publishing.
Do you work with monthly intentions? If so, let me know what your plans are for the month of May in the comments. Try creating a visioning board to help keep you on track.
All artwork on this post was created using Canva premium licensing
Important Dates to Remember
- June 04-05 – Strawberry Moon, Full Moon
- June 20-21 – Summer Solstice, Midsummer Festivals
- Astrological signs: Gemini and Cancer
- Animals: birds, beavers and otters, chickens, octopus
- Colors: light purple, white pearl
- Gemstones: pearl, moonstone, Alexandrite
- Flowers: Rose, rose petals
- Herbs: dill, parsley, lavender, sage, aloe, bay, lemon balm
- Strawberry Moon: time for picking berries, flowers blooming
- Incense or oils: rose, sandalwood
- Intentions: personal abundance, joyful union, relationships & love
- Spirits: nymphs, gnomes and fairy folk, sprites
- January 2023: Working with intentions instead of resolutions
- February 2023: intention setting & scrapbooking
- March 2023: Mindful March & Ostara blessings
- April 2023: Creating Space
- May 2023: Daily Positivity
- May 2023: Mid-month Update
- Imbolc (Candlemas) – Feb 1-2
- Spring Equinox (Ostara) – March 19-23
- Beltane (May Eve) – April 30-May 01
- Working with intentions instead of resolutions
You must be logged in to post a comment.